Thursday, March 1, 2012

Picture it

Today I saw it happening. 

For a second I could see it in my mind, and you know what? It felt good, it felt right; as natural as breathing. In the moment I leaned my head on your shoulder, or when your hand held my back so I wouldn't fall with the sudden braking of the subway...in those moments I could picture us together. And it'd work out, almost perfectly. Even if I don't love you (can I dare to say yet?), even if there're things in you I can't stand, like how you defend, tooth and nail, that club of yours I despise and hate (as you know so well) or how sometimes your moods change so quickly I can hardly keep pace with... 

But still, it'd work out. We'd grow to love each other, together; we'd learn how to love each other, like any bird learns how to fly. Our love would be born from our strong will, because I believe it's possible to learn how to love someone. It's when you feel something inside you, something I can't really name nor explain, just feel...Something that tells you it could happen. It could happen and it'd bring you happiness, real happiness. Because in the end, we don't really need to love (or being loved by) someone perfect, someone so beautiful that would make every heads in a room turn. All we need is love and someone that loves you for what you are, inside; the outside is almost meaningless, because beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I can be a little tendentious, because I don't ever judge people for the outside. The very first thing I notice in people is their personality, the way they talk and what their mouths say. Lately I've been paying attention also to what their eyes say, because they're the first to speak the truth.

And without wanting to offend you in any possible way, I say you don't hold that classical beauty (aesthetically speaking); but neither do I. However, on the inside you're pure, you're truly beautiful. And that's all that matters - at least to me.



Sleeping Beauty - Walt Disney
[that's how I pictured us that day]
~Andie Maars
updated 16.10.2012



No comments:

Post a Comment