Monday, July 30, 2012

People came and go. Only this empty room stays the same.


One day I opened my eyes to see a dark room full with nothing but air. It was dark and silent, no one but me was there until I heard a laughter.  Without knowing where it came from I started searching but all I could find were dead ends.

The laughter continued for a long time and, as time went by, it became louder. It was like magic. And then I realized I wanted to get out so I started to scream for help but no one answered; I screamed until my voice couldn’t be heard anymore and then the silence came back.

The next day it all started again but there was an answer this time. “Are you all right?”, that sentence saved me. But I was still locked in that empty room day after day, so I asked for help again but no one answered. I was being abandoned again, or so I thought. There was noise behind me I didn’t know what it was until a light appeared; it was my first time seeing something so bright, I was fascinated so I run into that shinny place to find out that you had forced the door to open so I could be rescued.

So for the first time in my life I saw people like me, instead of that dark room. One of them approached me and said “Are you all right?”. That was the same voice as before, I had met you and then many others came as well; I had made friends.

You presented me the sun and showed me the stars and the moon. You taught me kindness and I learned how to love. You teach me everything I know today. You made me.

Many years have passed since that fateful day, my friends disappeared one by one but you always stayed by me... until I lost you too. That’s why today I visited that room again. It’s still the same as when I left it: the door is still broken, the silence inside is the same as before, and there is still the same darkness around; only a single ray of light still dares to invade that dark room, just like before.


Lily Mead Mein 

No comments:

Post a Comment